Interlake Sporting Association will be holding a PRS style Precision 22LR match the 4th Sunday of every month. Match fee is $15 and goes towards building props, purchasing targets (steel and polymer), and maintaining the target enclosures.
Registration will open at 9:00am. There is a safety briefing at 9:45am and all shooters must be registered before then and attend the briefing. From 9:00am to 9:45am shooters may check zero and gather dope for targets between 25 and 100 yards. The match will consist of 4-6 stages, mostly taken from the newest NRL22 course of fire, but with some of our own creations thrown in. You can find the NRL22 courses of fire along with a bunch of useful info at NRL22.org. COFs are in the Dowloads section.
We shoot for fun and bragging rights. We do follow the NRL22 conventions for base and open class rifles, so even if you don't have a tricked-out rifle, you can still have fun and compete with people who have similar setups.
What you will need:
· An accurate rifle chambered in 22LR. Any type of action is allowed (bolt, semi, straight-pull, etc...). Magazine-fed rifles are ideal, but tube-feed with at least 10 round capacity works as well.
· A scope capable engaging targets from 25-200 yards either by dialing on the turrets or using hold overs with a marked reticle
· At least 100 rounds of ammunition. 40gr lead round nose only. No plated bullets. If you have any questions or concerns about ammo, or want to check if what you have will be okay, email firstname.lastname@example.org
· Eye and ear protection, and a chamber flag
· Accurate dope from 25-200 yards
Things that will help you out a lot:
· Rear bag
· 5-10 round detachable magazines (at least 2)
· A sling for positional shooting
Popular rifle choices are: Ruger 10/22, CZ 455, Ruger Rimfire Precision Rifle, Savage Mk-ii, Vudoo V-22. All of these are highly customizable.
Recently there has been a flood of high-quality, low-budget optics that are perfect for this sort of match. The best options are probably the Vortex Diamondback Tactical FFP 6-24x50 or the Athlon Argos (either in 6-24x or 8-34x). The fixed power 16x or 20x SWFA scopes are also good choices. Of course there are many other good options.
The match directors and regulars are highly knowledgable about 22 rifles and optics. Feel free to ask questions!
If you don’t have all the gear you need you can contact us at email@example.com and we'll see if we have some extra items you can borrow for a match (like rear bags or bipods).